Persecution in Nepal

Population: 28.9 million

Number of Christians: 403,000

SOURCE OF PERSECUTION

Nepal’s population is 80 percent Hindu, but the remaining 20 percent consists of a melting pot of faiths including Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, and tribal religions. Hindu nationalists view these religions as a threat to their Nepali identity. Hindu extremists say they especial